Friday, July 27, 2007

Countdown to Lollapalooza..Pt. 2 (anticipation of the meltdown)



I gotta tell ya, the main reason to see Amy Winehouse at Lollapalooza is just to see if she'll show up! And then, after that, just what sort of BritneySpearsPaulaAbdulesque type meltdown we might get to witness. She's already showed up close to an hour late for gigs, forgotten lyrics, and spit into the crowd. Oooooooh, I love me some drunken rage. Do it girl! Apparently, when she makes it through a whole set, this is usually her encore, a Mark Ronson remake of a fabulous Zutons song. I heart it, so I do hope I get to see it.
05 Valerie The Zutons Cover.mp3


The Cribs.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In short, never usually get into a U.K. band sooo quickly, and a song never makes my head swirl around so fast to go look at my computer, but this happened a few short months ago, tuning into woxy.com. Sadly, I had probably heard it before, but it was just a particular amount of coffee in my system that made me pay any attention that day. That being said, I don't think it'll be hard to drag my buddy Ron over to this stage, and this will probably be the only band we will be able to agree on. That, and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, but that's for a different post.
www.thecribs.com
03 Mens Needs.mp3


Bound Stems
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You get the Indie Rock Feed from your podcast on iTunes? Totally free and it comes EVERY freaking DAY. I do. It's impossible to keep up with, but I try to check it as much as possible. Well, they love these guys over there, and I tried and tried not to...but I finally gave in. (The reality was, when I found out I was gonna see them live, I caved....hey, I'm an honest woman!) Such a sweet sound, I feel like there are a lot of "Arcade Fire Lite" bands coming out now. These guys just about fit into that category, just about. It's that nice cravass between The Arcade Fire and Modest Mouse, and I think it'll be interesting how it translates in a festival setting.
www.boundstems.com
01 Wake Up Ma and Pa Are Gone.mp3

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I know I know I know. It's a no-brainer. Can I ask a question though? Just going to put it out there.....is it just me, or is this the second coming of the Talking Heads? Not every track makes me think so, but just about 80% or so. Especially the one I've got for you today. Just posting for the deep thought question of the day.
www.clapyourhandssayyeah.com
11 Gimmie Some Salt.mp3

This video is for Nick. We kissed and made up, he's gonna see more music than just the PJ. So, I decided to give us a laugh.

No comments: