Sunday, July 15, 2007

So, what we gon' do here?

Just sit back relax and keep this puppy in the favorites or bookmarks column. Taking an old idea from a friend, I'm going to pass along gems I find interesting enough for others to enjoy, share tidbits from shows I go see, and let you in on the inner workings of the weird world I live in. Ready?

Like, let's take for instance my weekend:

Starts off with a bang baby! Morning 40 Federation at the Maple Leaf. Can't really pack more people into that sweathole if you tried. And then it got interesting, crowd surfing. With a fan these poor souls kept running into and jamming their hair, hands, feet, etc. on. What a sight. I definitely recommend these guys for a night out, but keep in mind, you're gonna have to keep up with them drinkwise, it's basically a pre-requisite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

02 Gin Instead Of Whiskey.m4a


After a long sleep-in. Seriously, I think I made it all the way up to noon, which is late now by my standards, I made plans to go see some friends of mine in a great local band The Garden District, open up for a band I had been wanting to see for awhile now, Glasgow! As per the norm here in Nola, we are overrun by bands with kids with a stunning Loyola music education. I know I should be greatful, but it's almost getting to be annoying. No matter here, these guys are adorable, their music is poppy and fun, and I found myself singing along to songs I had never heard before. If that's not catchy, I don't know what is!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dirty Mouth.mp3

No comments: