Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Per my conversation with Jim

I thought back on my concert I went to about a month ago at Red Rocks. The "True Colors" tour. Never been outnumbered by so many people so full of pride! But all in all, quite a site to behold. For the record, Debby Harry COMPLETELY disappointed, looking as bored as possible her entire set. Erasure was hysterical. All of their tunes came out of a Macbook no bigger than mine. Nobody cared, and the flaling was insane! But the shining moment was Cyndi Lauper. Now, I think I must've been about 7 when the whole Madonna vs. Cyndi thing was going on, and obviously Madonna's star has shone a tad brighter thru the years. (Understatement, I know.) But to hear this woman sing, she puts Miss Kaballah to shame! It made me wonder why we followed that nutbar around so long through her weird SexbookEvitaI'malesbianbadactressnowI'mamommyandI'mbritish phases. Cyndi just kept belting out tunes, and man has she got some pipes.

This is not the best vid, but the best part is, she did the "Goonies" song, which apparently she never does. And below, my favorite Lauper tune of them all.








She bop.mp3

No comments: